Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Ending 2008 and beginning 2009

Seems like it's been a long year and I really haven't gotten all that much accomplished! Today, however, I did begin (and WILL finish) a mystery quilt project. This one is so much fun. The directions were so clear and concise and I'm doing it in some of my favorite fabrics - Sunflowers. I thought this would really bring me out of the doldrums by casting some bright summer sun into my life.
I spent New Year's Eve here alone as Justin was out with friends after the KU football game. So my evening was spent sewing, sewing, sewing and it was so much fun.
I did go out to supper with some good friends who will be leaving in a few days for a well deserved vacation to California to visit her family.
For so long, quilting projects have been referred to as "UFO's - Unfinished objects" Well, today, I learned a new name for these things from a friend in South Africa. From now on, I think I'll refer to them as Ph.D's or Projects Half Done! That sounds more my speed.
My wishes to all my friends and family is to enjoy life, live like there will be no tomorrow, and believe that the Saviour has given his greatest gift to this world, the gift of forgiveness. All we have to do is listen to the words in our hearts and always strive to live the best way we can in order to shine the glory of God from ourselves to others.

5 comments:

Heather said...

Projects Half Done -- I love it!

Just thought I'd stop in and check out your blog, Lindsay. Really enjoyed reading your posts! Hope you don't mind me adding you to my blog list so I can keep checking in. ;o)

Heather (from Country Quilters USA)

Heather said...

Hi Lindsay! Me again. ;o)

Just stopping by to say, "Tag, you're it!" lol Hope you don't mind, but I just tagged you over at my blog. Hope you have time to play along!

Judy Judy Judy said...

Hi Girly
I enjoyed reading your blog. You are an amazing spirit and inspiring to me. I would love to be able to quilt with you but you would be teaching me everything...LOL ....Life is amazing here in Utah and God is as solid as a rock in my world.
Hugs...Judy

Jean said...

Hi
I didn't know you had a blog, just noticed it in your siggy for your email to CQyahoo group.

nanboudreau said...

Lindsay, checking in on you to see how things ae going. Gail tells me you are moving into your beautiful new home. Huge Job!
Take care
Love
Nan