Thursday, December 4, 2008

God

I've always been a believer. I can see God in everything around me. I feel the warmth of His breath when the wind caresses me. I can see how lovely things are when I look at the beautiful flowers and the magnificient mountains. No human hand can ever begin to create what Heavenly Father has created.

I feel so sorry for anyone who does not have a belief in a creator. How lost and lonely they must be to think that there is nothing after this life. I lost my dear husband four years ago the 10th of December and not a day goes by that I don't think of him but know that his spirit resides the other side of the veil of life and death and believe that some day we will be together again. He was not my first husband, but he was the one I will always treasure. We spent nearly 30 years together and of course weathered storms. He lost nearly all his family within a two year period which was devastating - but his faith never waivered. His handsome 17 year old son was the first, then his mother, his dad and lastly his brother and sister-in-law. Without faith, I'm not sure either of us could have made it through that period.

I try to live my life in a way that shows honor and reverence to God. I know I don't always get that job done every day, but I do try. It's hard to walk the pathway that goes to the right. So many choices, so many pitfalls. I guess all that a Christian can do is try to stay on the right path and make the right choices. But, it's hard to know which is the right choice when those come to us. No one said that living would be easy, no one promised a life without making wrong choices or having bad things happen. That is when the true test of Faith shows up. I do have faith that no matter if I make a wrong choice, I have the opportunity to correct it and steer myself towards the right way again. This was promised with the death of the dear Savior on the cross. The reason He came was to save all who believed in Him. That much I am sure about!

No comments: